Steveston-London Secondary awards thousands of dollars in scholarships to graduating students each school year. These awards, donated by the school, district, and community, recognize deserving students in a variety of areas including but not limited to academic excellence, service to the school and/or community, leadership, financial need, excellence in a chosen field of study, etc. Grade 12 SLSS students are invited to complete and submit an online 2020 SLSS Scholarship Application Form in order to be considered for any of these scholarships. Applicants will automatically be considered for all available scholarships in the SLSS Scholarship Program.
• Applicants must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 courses at SLSS.
• Applicants must be in good standing at SLSS.
(Issues with conduct, including academic dishonesty and attendance, may affect a student's scholarship eligibility).
• Applicants must attend the Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, June 20th, 2020.
• Applicants must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
1. Complete this electronic scholarship application form.
2. Supplemental forms should be printed as single-sided documents. (No double-sided documents).
3. Complete and submit a "Statement of Financial Need" form only if you would like to be considered for Financial Need
► DOWNLOAD Statement of Financial Need Form (Optional)
4. Submit two "Teacher Evaluation Forms". (No double-sided documents)
- Select two Teacher References who have taught you a senior course (grade 11/12) OR who have sponsored/coached
you in a senior school club/team.
► DOWNLOAD Teacher Evaluation Form (Required)
5. Complete and submit a "School & Community Activity Sheet". (No double-sided documents)
► DOWNLOAD School & Community Activity Sheet (Required)
6. Complete and submit a "District/Authority Scholarship Self-Nomination" form only if you would like to be considered for
these scholarships. (No double-sided documents)
(Note: A form must be submitted for each area for which you would like to be considered).
► DOWNLOAD District/Authority Scholarship Self-Nomination (Optional)
7. Submit the scholarship application and all supplemental forms via email to Ms. Zee at email@example.com by Friday, April 24, 2020. PLEASE CAREFULLY REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE TO ENSURE THAT IT IS COMPLETE BEFORE EMAILING IT TO MS. ZEE.
NOTE: Falsification and/or misrepresentation of any information will automatically exclude applicants from consideration.
***Please see Ms. Zee, Scholarship Committee Chair, for questions about the SLSS Scholarship Application.***