Are your High School students looking for volunteer hours? If so the 59th Annual South Arm United Church has opportunities for them! Richmond School District students have been valued volunteers for many years, long before volunteer hours became part of the graduation process. By the way you don’t have to be a student to volunteer! We are happy to welcome Adults and University Students as well…
· Monday September 10th 6:30 to 8:00 pm
· Tuesday September 11th 6:30 to 8pm
· Wednesday September 12th 5:00 to 8:00 pm
· Thursday September 13th 6:30 to 8:00 pm
· Friday September 15th Noon to 5:00 pm and 6:30 to 7:30 pm
· Saturday September 16th 9:00 am to 12:30 pm and then 12:30 to 4:00 pm or all day if they want – they can also get additional hours if they hang around after 4:00 pm and help with “packing up and take down”.
Volunteers are given school credit for volunteering - the school is notified of their time worked. They are also given a ticket for a free hot dog and drink. If a student volunteers the whole day they can change their area at the noon break. They must report to the volunteer desk their new location.
At the end of the volunteering time the students must report back to the volunteer desk to sign out.
To volunteer Please e-mail Jacqueline (firstname.lastname@example.org ) at South Arm United Church with the subject line: Student Volunteer
· Please include your full name, your phone number or e-mail and your school name.
· Specify how long you want to work? Which shifts? 9:00 to 12:30, 12:30 to 4:00 OR all day for 8 hours credit
· Is there an area you would like to work in? Books, Children's Wear and Toys, Junque (garage sale items), Adult Clothing, First Aid, Face Painting, Cake Walk, Quality Corner, Food Service, Children’s Midway Games, etc..
Thanks for helping and promoting. If you can’t volunteer come on out and enjoy the Fair – people have been doing that for 59 years making it a family tradition for a lot of the Community!